Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My hair is damaged, help?

kay so like, i went natural, and cut off all my permed hair, during the summer. since then i've been blow drying and straightening it like every three days. and now when my hair drys, it's not even an afro anymore, it's like straight and really poofy and dry and it sticks up in the air. it's not cute. but i think it's because like three times in the past i've used heat on my hair while it had oil in it (after hot oil treatments that i couldn't completely wash out). when i'm finished with my blow dry/straightening routine, my hair is straight, shiny, and very soft. but it has some breakage. what should i do now?



My hair is damaged, help?

this is really simple but it works.When you're washing your hair; put the conditioner in your hair first and work it through, rinse and then shampoo GENTLY. It makes a big difference



My hair is damaged, help?

trim off the broken and damaged hair



My hair is damaged, help?

I think what you need is to have your hair permantly straightened-it sounds like your straighteners aren't good for your hair type. Go to the hairdressers and have it done, and that should sort out your problem.



If you don't want that done, you may just have to have it cut regularly, use products to protect your hair from the straighteners, or maybe not use your straighteners so much.



My hair is damaged, help?

get it trim



My hair is damaged, help?

Try not to wash everyday your hair... or not to shampoo everyday.



My hair is damaged, help?

CUT IT ALL OFF AND GET A WIG!!!



My hair is damaged, help?

There is this creme oil moisturizer stuff by Softsheen-Carson. It's an Oil therapy, it has no greasy build and it prevents breakage.It can be found at walmart it's in a yellow container. So after you wash your hair put a small amount of hair grease in the palm of your hand and rub in hair really good and trim your hair then blow dry. After that use the moisturizer and flat iron it then wrap it.



My hair is damaged, help?

OMG you are not suppose to blow dry your hair hat much no wonder it is damaged.



try doing a protein treatment to give your hair some strength back. also don't do protein treatments more than every 6 weeks or it can make your hair feel crunchy and brittle.



make sure you moisturize your hair every day or every other day Afro hair is naturally dry and LOVES moisture.



also don't use any thing with mineral oil and petroleum in it cause it clogs your scalp. Shea butter and light oils like almond oil, carrot oil or tea tree oil on your scalp.



you will have to cut out the damaged part but do that gradually and slowly cut it off.



try and do more natural styles so you don't use heat so much



this is a good site for natural hair



http://www.nappturality.com/modules/myal...



My hair is damaged, help?

OH NO! Your hair does sound damaged. It needs a rest. You will need a professional to trim off the damage. Do not apply that much heat to your hair. You should wash it once a week at the most.



I had a relaxer and grew out my hair. It is totally natural now. Sometimes during the week you may want to wash it to refresh the curl. Only in these necessary circumstances should you wet it (do not shampoo) and saturate it with conditioner and rinse in a few minutes. You can leave some of the conditioner on the hair (not the scalp though). You can leave it slightly slimy. (never over rinse- it strips the hair).



I have never had a problem with straightening my hair with oils (all hair is different). Invest in high-quality ceramic straightening tools. They distribute the heat evenly and cause less damage.



Try more styling methods that use less or no heat. Try a "twist out" or a "braid out" by braiding or twisting your hair while it is wet, drying under a hood dryer and unraveling it when it is completely dry. Depending on the size of the braid or twist, you will have a head full of waves, crimps or coils. http://www.curlyhairsalon.com/naturalhai... I even began setting my damp hair at night so that I could let it air dry and avoid any heat products.



There are so many ways you can care for your natural afro hair. The first step to caring for your hair is understanding that it requires a different regime than straight hair. Once you accept its characteristics, you will understand the realities of your styling options and methods. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment