Monday, July 27, 2009

I'm Going to get Laser Hair Removal done.....?

I desided to get the laser treatment because I get irritated after shaving my legs, and nothing else works! I have tried everything...Nair, Veet, Wax which sucked ***!, shaving with shaving gels and creams, electric razor,new disposable razors...EVERYTHING and my legs get irritated. Does anyone know how the process works with Laser hair removal? How long do I need to let it grow?How does it feel?Approx. how long will it take to be completed with a few treatments? Will it be done by summer if I start now?



I'm Going to get Laser Hair Removal done.....?

You don't need to worry about letting it grow out and the treatment is actually more effective if you have recently shaved. The pain is dependent on the density, thickness and color of the hair. In general, the legs don't hurt too bad.



If you start now, you will be able to get a couple of treatments in before summer. The good news is that you will be hair free for ~ 6weeks after a treatment. After each treatment, you will have less and less hair on your legs. You will eventually need 6 Tx for your legs.



Make sure you go to someone with new equipment who has a good amount of experience.



Good luck...my wife had her legs treated and she loves the results.



I'm Going to get Laser Hair Removal done.....?

i read a lil about it out of curiousity...they said it takes treatment over weeks/months...and it feels like sharp sticking pain over repeated passes if i remember correctly. it didn't matter how long you let it grow, though. but if you get that irritated i'm sure it's worth it, right?



I'm Going to get Laser Hair Removal done.....?

Length of hair, can be freshly shaven leg. It does not need to be longer. In fact, if it is longer, my dermatologist will shave it when I am there.



It feels like a rubber band being snapped on your wrist, fairly hard. It doesn't bother me.



I have been having treatments 2 - 3 times per year for like the last 7 years. I probably need 1 or 2 more. My doctor's office offers the laser once per month and recommends waiting at least 2 - 3 months between appointments. You will not be done by summer time.



You will need to first go for a consultation to wherever you are going, I recommend a dermatologist. I have very sensitive skin and had bad experience about ten years ago, so I don't take chances. The ideal candidate for laser is fair skin, dark hair. At the consult, they will test your skin to see what intensity your skin can stand. Your skin should turn red for a little while and then go back to normal. If you scab or have other irritation see your doctor ASAP.



Laser hair removal has been a godsend for me and would do it all over again. But it is expensive. My face is usually about $400 and if I have my stomach done at same time it is $600. This is a per session cost. Although some places may be able to do package deals. However, be wary of somebody promising that you will be hair free in say 3 months. I don't personally believe that. Your hair is what will dictate that.



If you have issues with the pain factor, you can use a numbing cream, however that gave me an allergic reaction and second degree burns, so I don't use anything. Take advil or something before hand, and ice everything afterwards.



Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment