Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Overprocessed hair...red to blonde..?

My hair is overprocessed and I'm keeping up with treatments and conditioners, sometimes even daily. I color my hair lots and I had it platinum blonde in July...and ever since my hair has had trouble holding on to dye obviously...but it's getting a lot better.



I had it light reddish brown recently , but then put on "intense dark red blonde" with a 20 vol...and it came out a bit patchy and darker in some spots and has already faded within 5 days a lot.



If I wanted to go a dark honey blonde should I use a color stripper or bleach? I really don't want to use bleach because I don't want a light blonde at all...and my hair is at a 5/6 level



The hair I want is like:



http://www.bostonhaircolorist.com/rachel...



She had a bright blonde color before though.



I know my hair is very damaged, but I'm not even sure this color would look good on me. I'm pale, cool-toned and have gray eyes...what do you think?



Thanks for any help



Overprocessed hair...red to blonde..?

wow...are you trying to kill your hair??? lol... I used to do the same thing.



What you really need to do is get a warmer, if not darker, color and apply that. It will condition your hair and help repair some of the damage. Don't expect any miracles, but it will help. To help keep your color from fading so quickly, here are a few tips.



1 - Don't wash it every day. I know that sounds gross, but it's necessary.



2 - Buy a gloss in the shade you color it. Use it about three times a week. It doesn't smell that great, but it works. Just make sure you don't leave it on too long, and be prepared to use alot of hot water in the shower.



3 - Don't be cheap when you buy shampoo/conditioner. Use the kind that is for your color (john frieda brands, i.e. red, blonde, brown, whatever) and be sure to use those styling products as well. It hurts your pocketbook, but think of it this way.... how much are wigs, and how long would you have to wear one when all of your hair breaks off?



Girls think it won't happen, but it can. I've seen it more than once; I dyed mine back to it's natural color and had the lighter ends trimmed off several times...because even if you do all of these things, your hair is still going to fade to some degree. I don't recommend EVER bleaching at home EVER again. If you decide to lighten the color again, go to a professional, and make sure you ask to see a portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment