Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Laser light hair removal, any thoughts? Pros vs. Cons?

I am thinking of getting this done for the area above my lip. I am very self conscious about it, although my husband and others say it is not noticable. (probably because I am a fanatic about plucking, waxing and bleaching it!)



I went to the consultation and was told that I couldn't do anything to the area for at least 4 weeks before the treatments...and it usually takes about 3 -4 treatments. On top of that, the nurse said the area would have to be shaved before the treatments. (She said that I could shave the area myself in place of plucking or waxing...) I don't want to make it any worse by having stubble! But she said with the treatments it kills the growth of the hairs so there would eventually by no more folicles left.



Has anyone had this procedure done? I want to know if it will work before I go through all of that....not to mention the expense!



Please let me know if you have any advice on this.



Thank you!!



Laser light hair removal, any thoughts? Pros vs. Cons?

I'm thinking about having it done to my bikini area and under arms.. Like you, I'm a little bit nervous about getting it done in a really prominent plave like my face before I see what the results are like on ME!



My Grandma had it done on her top lip and they told her it would take a couple of treatments, but nothing grew back after the first one so she never went back! I find that kinda encouraging! lol



I have an app. booked for this Friday for a consult. but to be honest with you, I haven't ever heard that you need to 'shave' the area.. My beauty therapist did tell me (with my bikini line) that I had to stop waxing and let the hair grow back to get it done.



Anyhoo... Good luck! Maybe I can let you know how I go on Friday..!



Laser light hair removal, any thoughts? Pros vs. Cons?

i heard that they can cause permanent damage to ur skin if u dont get good and skillful treatment.



Laser light hair removal, any thoughts? Pros vs. Cons?

my sister had this done to her upper lip



she said it felt like someone popping you with a rubber band over and over



so its not really bad but like a slight sting



also when you go in the first thing they do is shave it then they zap the root of the hair with a laser killing it



depending how much they do in one session determines how many more you need to go to



my sis is a wimp and it has taken her 5 sessions



it cost a lot of money



so if you have enough to pay for it now i say do it



but if not stick to waxing and bleaching



i promise no one notices it =)



i think it was crazy to spend that much money on a little hair



Laser light hair removal, any thoughts? Pros vs. Cons?

I have had it done on my legs. It is amazing and works really really well. It does hurt though, but it is completly worth it. There is also a numbing cream you can put on before hand. The thing is, the hair must be dark enough for the lazer to work. So if the hair above your lip is barly noticable, then it might not. But if it's a good laser place they will tell you whether or not the procedure can be done. It is a really good treatment though. It is painful, but plucking and waxing hurts more in my opinion and plus when it's over you never have to worry about it ever again. And bleaching isn't good for your skin anyway, so this is probably better.



Laser light hair removal, any thoughts? Pros vs. Cons?

I havnt had it done but Im thinking of getting it done too, i saw on a program though theres a chance it may not kill the growth of all the hairs, but best results are on people with light skin and dark hairs. But I didnt know though that they shave the area b4, Ive never shaved, just wax or bleach.



Laser light hair removal, any thoughts? Pros vs. Cons?

I did my bikini area a couple years back. I love it! A few sites that were indispensable when I was looking into it were



www.hairtell.com and www.hairfacts.com. Hairtell was my favorite. It is full of actual experiences of people instead of vague facts.



I did have to shave before treatments and wasn't allowed to wax during the treatments. Total treatment took about 7 months and 4 visits.



Laser light hair removal, any thoughts? Pros vs. Cons?

My wife had the procedure, and here's what she says: She used sona, and had a horrible experience. They say light skinned and dark hair has the best chance for hair growth to cease. She is light skinned and dark haired and is on her 7th treatment. They say when you wax or pluck that your chance for the hair to come back is more likely, you've already been bothering the root which is what the lazer affects. Also you won't be able to pluck or wax during these treatments YES TREATMENTS!! Which are painful, it's like taking a very HOT rubberband and smacking your skin with it over and over. The smaller areas, like the upper lip are quick and not as painful. Usually less than 10 lazer pulses are needed for the upper lip. There is so much more information, but don't forget whoever you go through, they will tell you whatever it takes to get you to be a client.



Laser light hair removal, any thoughts? Pros vs. Cons?

Here is a link to an informative article about a womans laser hair removal experience, I think you will find this useful in answering your question. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment