Tuesday, October 6, 2009

How can I can brassy (golden yellow) tones in my dark blonde hair?

I have dark blonde hair with subtle highlights. It looks best as a cool ash tone. It's been getting brassy lately, taking on an ugly yellowish-gold tone. I'd like to use something to cancel out these tones, but I'm yet to find a product that works. Over the years, I've used such products to combat this problem as Aveda's Blue Malva Shampoo and Conditioner, Bumble and Bumble's Cool Blonde and Cool Brunette Color Support Shampoo and Conditioner, Clairol Shimmer Lights, Goldwell's Live Blonde Shampoo and Conditioner, KMS ColorVitality Blonde, and Artec Color Deposit White Violet Shampoo and Conditioner all to no avail. I've followed the directions perfectly and they still have not worked. I realize I must sound crazy in remembering each product I used. I cannot afford the hairdresser right now and I don't want to go monotone and eliminate my highlights; I want to cancel the brassyness. Does anyone know of home color treatments to combat this brassiness problem in dark blonde hair?



How can I can brassy (golden yellow) tones in my dark blonde hair?

You don't sound crazy. As a dark blonde / with natural highlights myself I understand the brassyness.



Question, do you swim in pools? That really can contribute to it. Also do you use well water in your home / to shower? Water high in iron can contribute to this. If you own your home, do you have a water softener? That can help reduce the harshness of the water. I suggest you find a shampoo that reduces the iron deposits in your hair, like a violet based shampoo that can counteract the brassyness. Unfortunately I do not have any specific products to recommend.



I also suggest (not sure if you do it), but try not to blow dry your hair too much. That really dries it out, and combined with the hair treatments, can make your hair more porous to take in iron and other deposits. If you do dry your hair use a lower temperature and a diffuser. Keep your hair well moisturized.



I also believe that what you eat contributes, so I suggest you get your vitamins every day and take fish oil (omega three/six/nine oils). I have been doing this for three years and everyone tells me my hair is soooo shiny and healthy.



How can I can brassy (golden yellow) tones in my dark blonde hair?

Go to a beauty supply and get a violet filler.It is very cheap and works for me.Never get a hair color with out a violet base to it. Any other bass will either turn it brassy or grey looking. Hope this helps.



How can I can brassy (golden yellow) tones in my dark blonde hair?

I have the same problem and what I do is I highlight and lowlight my hair; the lowlights actually make the rest of my hair look brighter, without making my hair look brassy. And then to keep the color I use products that are made for blondes such as Pantene Blonde Expressions, John Frieda Sheer Blonde, or Sunsilk Blonde.



www.pantene.com



http://www.johnfrieda.com/index.asp?sect...



www.gethairapy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment