Saturday, August 1, 2009

Where can I find good gov. drug treatment centers?

I'm a struggling single mother trying to get over my meth addiction. I'm willing to stay at a shelter that has outside resources for drug treatment--although that wouln't be my ideal situation. My problem with finding a program (in a non-ghetto area "Yeah she's off the drugs, but in the hospital from that drive-by) * l o l



Anyways, like I was saying I need a residential facility where my daughter is also able to stay with me.



Thanks for any info you can offer, as I'm going on weeks of research and pulling my hair out at this point.



~D r e a



Where can I find good gov. drug treatment centers?

Without knowing your city and state you can start with this website: http://dasis3.samhsa.gov/



Another way is to Yahoo (or Google) your state's department of health and search their website.



Start there. I'd say good luck, but luck has nothing to do with recovery.



There ARE some facilities in some states that provide care for women with children, there's one here in my hometown and others in the State of Maryland!



Where can I find good gov. drug treatment centers?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/links/cryst...



There are several choices and advice things there.



Where can I find good gov. drug treatment centers?

You should check with the social servies agency in your state. They'll pay for it and will not try to take your child away, if you're concerned about that.



If you're on disability and have Medicare, you can go anywhere you want really.



I've never heard of a rehab or treatment center that allows children. Part of recovery is focusing on you and just you so that you can get better. This is why family members are often not permitted to have contact with you for awhile.



You need to find someone in your family who can take her or have the state find a licensed childcare provider maybe.



Where can I find good gov. drug treatment centers?

Drea, in truth there is no such thing as a good government treatment center, especially for methamphetamine misuse. Have been there, done that and have the franchise on the t-shirts and hats as a former more than gram a day meth mainliner. I am an old-school grad of the USPHS Lexington, KY center for Heroin addiction which proved to be an expensive "bloody farce," Obviously I traded one addiction for another, dumb enough to believe the government would solve my problems of having been raped, issued a "day pass" for lack of self-esteem and stuck with a physical dependence on heroin.



I beat the heroin problem with realization that I no longer wanted to go to jail and have to "kick" in the worst possible surroundings. However, I accepted the use of meth as a solution to my problems and went on a foolhardy journey which eventually led to confinement in a New York nuthouse and escaped from those surroundings via lthe innate "hustle-ing" behavior most of us needle phreaks are able to muster on command or need.



I got lucky. There was something in my search as a human being which became more important than a spike and a spoon and that is what you will have to dig up from your own soul. Could be your daughter enabling you to start for her and finish for yourself..



Sometimes a "geographical" will be of value, "change your playgound," be a stranger in a new community. You must believe in a possible future for both you and your daughter.



Check out your local options such as city or privately funded programs, I'm 30 years clean thanks to one of those and my discovery that there was indeed a future without drugs avaiable to me, and I sure as Hell didn't have any more money available to me than you do. Get bold or get cold as in a slab in the morgue.

2 comments:

  1. If you’re like so many young people who become involved with drug and alcohol abuse, you may find that you’ve fallen behind in your education goals. Addiction might be causing you to place less emphasis upon things like goals in general, affecting your willingness and capacity to learn and retain information while you’re using or recovering from drug use.

    California Treatment Centers

    ReplyDelete